This is the most gorgeous breakfast you'll make this week.
1 cup of ADL sour cream
¼ cup fresh cilantro + garnish
zest and juice of 1 lime
¼ teaspoon of salt
4 slices of bacon
1 cup of cherry tomatoes
1 cup of shredded ADL cheese
1 tablespoon of ADL cream (any %)
4 small tortillas
These Cheesy Breakfast Tacos with Cilantro Lime Crema are the most gorgeous breakfast you'll make this week.
Packed with protein from the eggs and cheese, these breakfast tacos are oh so satisfying.
1) In a food processor, add sour cream, avocado, ¼ cup cilantro, lime zest, juice and salt. Blend until smooth and transfer crema to a bowl.
2) In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and let the fat drain on a paper towel. Pour most of the bacon fat into a dish, reserving about 2 tbsp in the skillet.
3) In the skillet, cook cherry tomatoes in bacon fat on medium-high heat until they begin to blister and pop. Remove from heat and set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
4) In a small bowl, whisk eggs with cream. Add to skillet on high heat and stir frequently until cooked. Wipe skillet clean.
5) Over high heat, toast tortillas in the skillet until slightly charred. Remove and cover with a towel to prevent drying out.
6) Assemble tacos. Layer eggs, bacon, cheese, tomatoes, crema and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy right away or make ahead and keep in fridge until ready to reheat.
Learn more about dairy in Prince Edward Island.