Can we focus on the fact that quiche is pie that you eat for breakfast?
1 1/2 cups lobster meat (about 1 1/4 lb lobster)
1 cup of heavy cream
Salt & Pepper
1 prepared 9” pie crust
1 cup of asparagus, chopped
2 tablespoons of fresh chives, chopped
1 1/2 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded
This Lobster & Cheddar Quiche is packed with protein from the lobster, cheese and eggs AND fibre from the asparagus, making it a filling and satisfying breakfast. Serves 4-8
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Shell and chop lobster meat.
- Whisk eggs and cream in a medium bowl, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place pie dough into a 9" pie plate.
- Add lobster, eggs/cream, asparagus, chives and cheddar to the pie crust.
- Place quiche in the oven and immediately turn the oven down to 325°F.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes on the bottom rack until the middle is set.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!
Learn more about dairy in Prince Edward Island.