Elevate your next family dinner with Squeakies Cheese Curds-stuffed chicken breasts!
2 Larkin Farms Chicken Breasts
4 slices of prosciutto
1 bag of Squeakies Cheese Curds
4 Russet potatoes
1 tsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp chopped green onion
1/4 Cup heavy cream
3 Tbsp butter
Salt and Pepper
This recipe, curated by Chef Lincoln Key, is a unique way to elevate your standard chicken and potatoes dinner with a local cheesy flavour!
*italicized comments are Chef's notes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. -
- Cut a pocket inside of the chicken breast. -
I create a paring knife sized hole in the thickest side of the breast, and then dig out as big of a pocket as possible inside, without ripping any other holes in the chicken. YouTube has several examples on this. The main thing is that the smaller the hole, and bigger the pocket inside, the more cheese you can stuff into it!
- Crumble Squeakies Cheese Curds and stuff the pocket. Squeeze the hole shut. -
- Season both sides of the breast with salt and pepper. -
- Wrap the breast in Prosciutto, making sure that the hole is covered. -
This will keep the melted cheese from seeping out.
- Cook the chicken breast for approximately 15 minutes (depending on the size), until the internal temperature is 170 degrees. -
If you’re looking for a nice, crisp exterior, you can glaze the breast with your favourite barbecue sauce, and broil for the last couple of minutes that it’s in the oven.
- Boil until cooked. -
- Add cream, butter, garlic, green onions. -
- Mash thoroughly to remove lumps. -
- Add as many cheese curds as you desire! -
Learn more about dairy in Prince Edward Island.