These pastries could serve as a perfect appetizer or the main event. No matter what way you slice it, they're a taste of Prince Edward Island!
24 x 2” tart shells
1 bag Squeakies Cheese Curds, crumbled
1 x 1.25 lb lobster, cooked
1 lb cooked mussels, or any seafood of your choice.
1/4 Cup finely chopped onion
1/8 Cup finely chopped peppers
2 oz heavy cream
Salt and Pepper
Fresh Dill to garnish
Lobster is a staple of Prince Edward Island summers. It's no surprise that we had to work it into a delectable dish with Squeakies Cheese Curds!
*Italicized comments represent Chef's Notes from the recipe curator, Chef Lincoln Key
- Preheat over to 325 degrees -
- Cook tart shells until they are golden brown (Approximately 10-12 minutes) -
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, cream, peppers and onions, crumbled cheese curds, and a pinch of chopped dill. -
- Season with salt and pepper. -
- Whisk thoroughly! -
This will help to create a fluffy filling, instead of the eggs being too firm and dense.
- Once the tart shells have cooled, evenly disperse seafood inside of them. Save some of the lobster to garnish at the end. -
- Add the egg mixture to the tarts. -
Don’t overfill! The egg mixture will puff up a bit when as it cooks.
- Cook in oven for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until the egg is firm. -
- Garnish with the remaining lobster and chopped dill. -
I also crumbled a bit of the remaining cheese curds on top to get some extra cheesiness!
Learn more about dairy in Prince Edward Island.